Saturday, October 8, 2011

Game 5 delayed reactions

Don't you hate when real life gets in the way of keeping up with a baseball blog that you do in your spare time for free??

I know right??

It's Saturday night and I finally have my first (sober(well kinda)) chance to sit down and reflect on the dramatics of Friday's Game 5 and the emotional roller coaster it took me (well, all of us...but specifically me).



Like the majority of you I have a job (no offense if you don't) and while games 1-4 wonderfully cooperated with my schedule and didn't miss an inning.

St. Louis also pushing the Phillies to Game 5, possibly along with Albert Pujols being afraid of his shadow, pushed the Brewers/Diamondbacks game up to 4:00 CDT (we're still on daylight savings time right??) which meant no chance of watching the first several innings and likely only the final couple innings 6:00-6:30 was the likely window for me to get out and get to a TV.

I have the MLB At-Bat app for my phone so I was able to listen to it right as I was ready to leave....that was about when the bottom of the 6th started.

Braun doubles, Fielder walks.

Ok I can't leave now.

Weeks pops up a bunt.

Ugh.  Come on.

Hairston sends one back, back, back.....



Aaaaaarrrrrgh, it's up to Yuni.

I'm ready to go and find a bar to watch the end, and seriously not with a good feeling.

Have I mentioned I love Yuni??

no??


My bad.

So I head toward the bar thinking I'll keep listening to the game on my phone until I get there.

Nope.

It apparently only works when you're connected to Wi-Fi.  So the 15 minute drive was spent trying to find a super far reaching AM station (I picked up Cedar Rapids station 600 WMT all the way to Elkhorn my last trip back) and finally found one which I believe was WIBA out of Madison.  It worked for about 12 seconds then started cutting out.  Not wanting to start another search so close to my destination I kept it there and got 2 second blips during the 7th inning.

static

"Saito"

static

"2 outs"

static

"bottom 7"

...

Top 8, woo made it to a TV....6 outs, totally calm* let's do this

K-Rod loads bases

still calm**

Bottom 8...a Badger Mutual Insurance run would be nice

nope

Bring on the Ax!!

Bonus: Counsell!!

Top 9: double, single 1st and 3rd nobody out...Roenicke: get ready for a bunt

he bunted

blown save and still no outs

Axford gets out of it

Bottom 9

nevermind

Cardinals bar changes all the TV's except one the the Cardinals game

aaaarrrrrgggghh....

1 TV still on Brewers/Diamondbacks

1 person actually watching....me, obvs

Top 10

Axford in for 2nd inning??

ok, 3 up 3 down looking for Greinke if it goes 11

Bottom 10

Gomez singles...and you know the rest


*calm meaning I can't sit still
**calm is no longer in the building


follow me on the twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment