Wednesday, June 8, 2011

crazy game, or so the box score tells me

I accept the fact that I don't get to see many Brewers games living in Iowa and am stuck with radio via my phone. Tonight's game was particularly frustrating as severe thunderstorms basically lined up from Miller Park straight to my apartment starting about the 8th inning.

The game was 2-1 Brewers going into the 8th. Then the storm hit Iowa City including lightning so close to my apartment it shook the building and blasted my eardrum (it's cooling off, open the door...bad idea).

Going back and forth trying to get a Wi-Fi or cellular signal to follow the game I see Kameron Loe got lit up for 5 and we're down 6-2. Game over. After that I was paying more attention to whether I need to take shelter somewhere in my 2nd floor apt than the Brewers.

When I was fairly certain I wasn't in any danger I try to check the score again. 6-6!! Say what now??

I caught a bit of the ninth before I lost signal again. I keep trying until I hear Uecker saying we'll be back for the totals. Holy crap.

Miss 2 innings, miss a lot.

Also Nyjer Morgan thought they were winning when he hit the winning run in. Mr Plush needs to be starting everyday at this point whether he knows the score or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment