Thursday, June 30, 2011

Escape from New York

What a letdown.

Getting swept by the Yankees is more of a kick in the gut than anything else that has happened this year.

Why?

It reinforces the fact that the Yankees are still the bully and the Brewers spent 3 days getting stuffed a locker.

I had high hopes for this series. I thought 2 out of 3 was possible, 1 out of 3 was a good chance. I expected the Crew to at least be competitive and show that they belong in the elite discussion.

Nope, goose egg.

I heard "World Series preview" a few times this week, just once I hoped they were referring to this series. They were, of course, all talking about Boston/Philly.

On to Minny where they could continue where they left off before leaving for the Bronx or they could continue to struggle away from home.

Let's hope for the former.

No comments:

Post a Comment