Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Let's stay classy Brewers fans

I heard a comment on the radio last night about the Brewers that included the magic word I don't want to hear.

Respect.

Yeah I get excited when the talking heads on Around the Horn or PTI or any other national media talk about the Brewers, and yes I've noticed the lack of national coverage for what is now a consensus top 5 team in MLB this week.

I could go on.



I plead to you Brewers fans to not be those fans.

This isn't the BCS, there is nothing subjective about the MLB playoffs. Power rankings and national media coverage don't get you into the playoffs. Do your job, win more games than the team chasing you and you get to advance, that's all you need.

If you want to call or write the national media shows you go ahead, but please be classy about it. Yes this is rare air in Milwaukee but remember championships aren't won on PTI or ATH or Jim Rome or Fox Sports Radio.




follow me on the twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment